Registration for January 2022 Term Closes December 1
Learn more about your current certificate path and options as well as connect with your student account through Genius & Canvas.
Requesting a transcript is a two step process. Please note that transcripts will not reflect courses in which you are currently enrolled. If you want your transcript to reflect current courses, please wait until your classes are complete before submitting a transcript request.
- Purchase the transcript at the button below by adding it to your cart and going through the checkout procedure (this requires an account on the www.ccef.org website).
- Once your purchase is complete, you need to go to the Course Record Request page. Be sure you have your order number, you’ll need to input that into the request form.
For Students Beginning January 2022 or Later
All students beginning in January 2022 and later will follow the Formation and/or new Essentials of Biblical Counseling curriculum requirements. Between January 2022 and January 2023, incoming students will only be permitted to take courses outside of their track if space permits.
For more information on course offerings for incoming students, visit our academics page.
For Students Beginning Before January 2022
Foundations of Biblical Counseling
Topics in Biblical Counseling
Counseling Skills & Practice
One additional from the following
Questions About Your Current Certificate Track?
The following courses will not be part of the two new CCEF certificate tracks:
- Marriage Counseling
- Counseling and Physiology
- Theology and Secular Psychology
- Counseling Problems and Procedures
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Counseling Observation (Welch)
- Counseling Observation (Emlet)
- Case Study Seminar
- Protecting the Vulnerable
- Counseling Abusive Marriages
We will offer these courses through the January 2023 term. This means that current students have five remaining terms to register for the courses listed above for credit or non-credit (if non-credit is applicable).
However, to provide additional time, students who are working towards a certificate and have two courses or fewer remaining may complete independent studies of their remaining courses between March 2023-December 2023. Students who enroll in an independent study will be placed in a Canvas course and submit required coursework, which a Recitation Instructor will review to determine certificate eligibility. SBC will provide details about how to enroll in an independent study by late 2022.
Have more questions or want to schedule an appointment?
Options for Existing SBC Students
Current students will have the following options available beginning in January 2022. Please select in your questionnaire which option you plan to pursue:
- Grandfather immediately into the new Formation or Essentials of Biblical Counseling Certificate.
- Continue working between now and the end of 2023 towards a certificate in our current program.
- Continue taking any course (credit or non-credit) in the current curriculum, but not for the goal of earning a certificate.
- Transfer into the Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) degree at Westminster Theological Seminary (WTS) as a degree student OR
- Pursue continuing education through SBC’s forthcoming program.