This full-text article is available as part of an existing Individual JBC subscription through your CCEF user account. Please login to view it (current subscribers) or visit our subscriptions page for more information.
Purchase the print edition of the Journal of Biblical Counseling volume 31:2. The mission of the Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) is to develop clear thinking and effective practice in biblical counseling. We seek to do this through publishing articles that faithfully bring the God of truth, mercy and power to the issues that face pastoral ministries of counseling and discipleship. See subscription options here
Table of Contents
- Taking the Initiative in Counseling Ministry David Powlison
- Self-Hatred and the Loving Voice of God Todd Stryd
- Stand Up to the Powers of Darkness David Powlison
- Searching for Healing: How to Counsel Individuals with Debilitating Chronic Pain Esther Smith
- How to Begin Marriage Counseling Lauren Whitman
- More Than a Prooftext: God’s
Unexpected Provision When Enemies Close In (2 Kings 6:8-23) Kristin Silva
Sign-up for a subscription to The Journal of Biblical Counseling and never miss an issue. Subscriptions are available in both print and digital.
The Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) is currently published three times per year, available in both print and digital subscriptions. The JBC was published as a print journal from 1993-2007 (Issues: 11:2–25:3). From 1977-1992, it was published as The Journal of Pastoral Practice (Issues: 1:1–11:1).