This full-text article is available as part of an existing Individual JBC subscription through your CCEF user account. Please login to view it (current subscribers) or visit our subscriptions page for more information.
This is a downloadable product.
Purchase a digital copy of the Journal of Biblical Counseling volume 21:3. The mission of the Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) is to develop clear thinking and effective practice in biblical counseling. We seek to do this through publishing articles that faithfully bring the God of truth, mercy and power to the issues that face pastoral ministries of counseling and discipleship. The Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) is currently published three times per year, available in both print and digital subscriptions.
Table of Contents
- Counseling Under the Influence (of the X-chromosome!) David Powlison
- Love One Another as I Have Loved You Susan Lutz
- Becoming a Barnabas Cindy Patten
- Youth Worker and…Counselor?: An Interview with Sonya Kramer David Powlison
- An Abuse Survivor Learns to Show Mercy to Her Abuser Penny N. Freeman
- Jesus Rewrites our Stories: Counseling in a Crisis Pregnancy Center Jane K. Winn
Queries & Controversies
- “If my child is going to have sex, should I give my child a condom? At least that way pregnancy won’t be an issue and he/she will be protected from STDs” Jill Page
- “What if You Get Married and he/she doesn’t satisfy you, i.e., the sex isn’t good between you?” Jill Page
Special Section: Women Writing and Reading
- “What is the use of a book,” thought Alice, “without pictures of conversations?”: Publications for Christian Women Elyse M. Fitzpatrick
- The Dreaded T-Word and Why Women Avoid It Carolyn Custis James
- Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss Lisa Mutch
- Move Over Victoria—I Know the Real Secret: Surrendering the Lies That Bind You to the God Who Frees You by Nancy Kennedy Nancy Ormsby
- Joyfully Single in a Couples’ World by Harold Sala Julie Smith
Sign-up for a subscription to The Journal of Biblical Counseling and never miss an issue. Subscriptions are available in both print and digital.