Registration for certificate-eligible courses for the June term is closed.
Registration for audit courses is open until June 9.
Learn more about our fully online courses and certificates of completion
What to Expect
Our online courses are carefully designed to challenge you to think biblically and begin applying what you are learning in real-life situations. Learn more about our courses and certificates of completion below.
Courses run for 10 weeks with 4 terms per year.
1 course: 6–9 hours/week
Each week you'll watch engaging lectures from faculty as they discuss how Scripture informs and transforms our view of who we are, why we do what we do, how change happens, and how we care for others.
You'll engage in critical reading from an array of worldviews, including both proponents and opponents of the biblical counseling model. You'll develop a biblical framework for how to engage with the common grace insights of secular psychologies while also recognizing their limits for understanding people in relation to the living God.
- Response papers: You'll reflect on readings, lectures, assignments, and more through papers geared toward in-depth responses to important biblical counseling topics.
- Self-counseling projects: Before we can help others, we ourselves need to know the help that God gives. Some classes include self-counseling projects that give you the opportunity to address an area in your own life by considering where you struggle, how Christ meets you, and how to grow.
- Practical, hands-on ministry opportunities: Practical theology means putting into practice what we believe about the Lord, ourselves, others, and how to live in light of the gospel. In some classes you'll engage in one-on-one conversations and other practical opportunities to help you grow in your skill of caring for others.
- Live small group discussions: In some classes you'll meet with a small group of students to discuss prompts or course material and to learn from one another.
- Live engagements with your instructor: You'll have the opportunity to connect with your instructor in real time, giving you the chance to ask questions, hear their vision for the course, and discuss course material together.
- Online forum discussions: You'll respond to lectures, readings, or assignments and interact with fellow students through online discussion forums.
Essentials of Biblical Counseling Certificate
The Essentials of Biblical Counseling Certificate is for helpers, pastors, ministry or Bible study leaders, and those who simply want to grow in loving others well. Building off of the Formation Certificate, this certificate includes four additional courses. This certificate will equip you to walk alongside others with Christlike love and wisdom for a variety of issues.