Biblical counseling – is it just for the pastors and elders? Or for trained professionals? What does it look like to restore counseling to the local church? The purpose of this course is to:
- to broaden students’ understanding of counseling to include all relationships
- to build a thoroughly biblical understanding of the local church as a ministering community where everyone plays a part
- to help students find their place of ministry within the context of the local church and to help others do the same
- to see the importance of both public and private ministry of the Word and how they interrelate
- to examine present ministry opportunities
Topics covered include a biblical foundation for private ministry of the Word; the role of community and relationships in the process of sanctification; developing a practical ecclesiology; and developing an eye for ministry opportunities such as conflict resolution, evangelism, and church discipline.