Digital JBC Must Reads: On Anxiety
The mission of the Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) is to develop clear thinking and effective practice that faithfully brings God’s Word to bear on the problems of daily living. Over the decades, we have published more than one thousand articles on a variety of counseling topics, so the Must Reads series is a helpful entryway into years of material. Each edition provides a group of carefully selected articles on a key issue such as sexuality, counseling methodology, or counseling in the church.
This new issue in the Must Reads series addresses a common problem—anxiety. The articles span a range of topics including worry, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress. It also includes new articles from Ed Welch and Aaron Sironi that we plan to publish in future issues of the JBC. As always, we hope that you find these articles helpful to your counseling and pastoral ministries.
Publication Year: 2019
- New: Bible Basics for the Fearful and Anxious — Edward T. Welch
- New: Social Anxiety: Learning from the One Who Despised the Shame — Aaron Sironi with Kimberly Monroe
- “Don’t Worry” — David Powlison
- “Take a Deep Breath:” How Counseling Ministry Addresses the Body — Todd Stryd
- Obsessions and Compulsions: Breaking Free of the Tyranny — Michael R. Emlet
- More Than a Proof Text: God’s Unexpected Provision When Enemies Close In (2 Kings 6:8–23) — Kristin Silva
- Post-Traumatic Distress — Paul Randolph
- Jesus’ Way of Caring (Mark 4:35–41) — John F. Bettler