We rejoice in the Lord’s provision for this next season of CCEF’s ministry! God continues to lead us as we trust in Him. Would you join us in praise and prayer?
Board Appoints Next Executive Director
The Board of Trustees is pleased to announce that Alasdair Groves has been named to succeed David Powlison as CCEF’s next executive director, effective January 1, 2020. The Board’s Search Committee had been active for some time, and then the Lord moved quickly after David’s passing, which resulted in this exciting development. The Board unanimously felt that Alasdair’s vision and passion for CCEF’s ministry, combined with his experience and obvious love for the Lord, his Word, and his people, were key for the next season of CCEF’s ministry. Read the full announcement here.
A Personal Message & Prayer Requests from Alasdair Groves
It is an incredible privilege to step into the role of executive director at CCEF. I say that for two reasons. First, I am honored to be trusted with this organization and its mission, which have been so important to the birth and growth of the biblical counseling movement. In particular, being called to step into David Powlison's shoes is as high of an honor and as high of a bar as I can imagine. The second and more personal reason I am honored is because of the way CCEF has so profoundly impacted my own soul and the way I have come to walk with the Lord.
I am so thankful to be inheriting responsibility for an organization that is in such a healthy place and one whose mission is so vitally important for the church. I believe we are well poised to move forward into an exciting and highly productive season of ministry. Yet, as we do so, I recognize how imperative it is that we remain faithful to our core calling and the great efforts that have led us to such a healthy place. Please pray for me and for all of us at CCEF as we strive to innovate in order to deepen the content and methodology that CCEF has labored for more than 50 years to develop. Pray that we would be both faithful and fruitful, both creative and careful. Pray that our deepest motivation would always be worship of the living God and that we would do our best to serve his people by bringing Scripture to life in fresh, personal, and pressingly relevant ways.
Fall is a busy time of year at CCEF as we prepare for the annual National Conference. This year, Anxiety and the God of Peace will be held in Birmingham, Alabama from October 11-13. Please pray with us as we anticipate a rich time of learning, worship, and fellowship.
- Pray for our Will Baublitz and Joel Bassett as they handle final preparations. There are hundreds of details to track and tasks to accomplish. Pray for focus, energy, and peace.
- Pray for our conference speakers as they polish their materials and prepare to share. Pray that the Lord would speak through them to minister to those in attendance.
- Pray for our staff as they prepare for behind the scenes roles that are critical for the conference to run smoothly and for attendees to have a good experience.
- Pray for the hearts of those who face anxiety directly or care for those who do. Pray that the God of Peace would be revealed to them in new, meaningful, and practical ways.
- Pray for health and travel mercies for staff members, speakers, and attendees.