Biblical counseling is premised on confidence that the living God works in people through what he has spoken. The Holy Spirit is not simply a wild card factor, and Scripture is not merely a good, old book. In “How Does Scripture Change You?” David Powlison offers two case studies showing how particular Scriptures rescripted particular lives.
How Does Scripture Change You?
Author: David Powlison Date: September 07, 2012
Purchase This Issue
JBC articles are sold as full issues. This purchase will include the entire original issue in digital PDF format, including the other articles of that issue.
JBC Volume 26:2 PDF
Other Articles Included in This Issue
- Book Review: Integrating Faith and Psychology: Twelve Psychologists Tell Their Stories
- Book Review: Coming to Peace with Psychology: What Christians Can Learn from Psychological Science
- Book Review: The Doubting Disease: Help for Scrupulosity and Religious Compulsions
- Active Love: A New Way of Living
- My Virtual Refuge
- Lives in Process: An Introduction
- What to Say to a Teenager in Crisis
- Evaluating a Person with Suicidal Desires
- How Does Scripture Change You?
- What’s Right About Sex?
- Godly Intoxication: The Church Can Minister to Addicts
- Editorial: In It for Good