The Christian life echoes two simple prayers: “Lord, help!” and “God, thank you!” We cry out for help in times of need, and we rejoice and thank God that he hears our cries and provides faithful care. How reassuring to be reminded that God is a fortress, a stronghold for his people.
This spring, would you join us in asking God for help and thanking him for his care?
- Daily Ministry: We are thankful for the ongoing opportunities of day to day ministry at CCEF. At the same time, we ask for your prayers for the day to day strains and burdens of our work. Would you pray for our faculty and staff in the ongoing work of teaching, counseling, event planning, writing, fundraising, and completing many other creative and administrative tasks each day?
- Counseling: Praise the Lord for technology that allows our counselors to continue to meet with men and women for counseling in this season. Pray for our counselees as they face many challenges and for God to give our counselors continual wisdom as they seek to point people to the hope of Jesus.
- Ministry to Pastors: Please join us in praying for our ministry to pastors. Praise the Lord that Darby Strickland and Ed Welch recently led a Zoom meeting with more than 20 local pastors on the topic of domestic abuse. Pray that these pastors would be equipped to care for the oppressed and helpfully interact with oppressors in their congregations. Pray also for the Pastor Care virtual conference in May. Pray for pastors to be encouraged and equipped after a long and tiring season of ministry over the past year.
- National Conference: Please ask the Lord to help us as we prepare for the National Conference this October 8-10 in Greensboro, North Carolina, especially in light of ever-changing COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines. Information about a virtual live-stream will be released this spring. This year our topic is Modern Problems: Caring for Souls in the 21st Century.
- School: Praise the Lord that more than 670 students took School of Biblical Counseling classes this spring and that summer registration is filling quickly. Ask God to help our faculty, Recitation Instructors, and administrative staff serve our students well as they learn and grow.
- Saints, Sufferers, and Sinners by Mike Emlet: Join us in thanking the Lord for an eager reception for Mike Emlet’s recently published book. And please continue to pray that this book and supplementary resources would be a blessing to the church, teaching us more about wise love and care for one another.
- Journal of Biblical Counseling Archive: We are excited to offer a comprehensive Journal of Biblical Counseling Archive with the first issue of the 2021 Journal in April. Please pray for final preparations to come together and for a successful launch.