There are two primary ways you can support CCEF’s ministry—through prayer and through financial giving. Each month we will update this page to inform you of some of the current happenings and specific prayer needs.
CCEF’s mission is to restore Christ to counseling and counseling to the church. Ed Welch’s new book, Caring for One Another, is an important step toward fulfilling the second half of that mission. In eight short lessons, he challenges people to cultivate meaningful relationships that will reshape church culture.
The first chapter of the book opens with this reflection: “Our helpfulness–our care for souls–starts with our need for care. We need God, and we need other people. Maturity through dependence is our goal. As a way to put this humility to the test, we ask for prayer.”
In light of the truth Ed has captured, we ask you to join us in prayer and praise in these areas:
- Our team of counselors is growing, allowing us to serve more people. We have also been able to fulfill an increase in counseling requests through ServantCare, a program that provides counseling to enrolled Presbyterian pastors and their wives.
- Please pray for our Director of Counseling Ministries, Cecelia Bernhardt, who carries a heavy load of responsibilities as a faculty member, department director, and counselor. Pray for the Lord’s grace and strength as she leads the counseling ministries team.
- Please pray we would reflect God’s heart as we care for those we counsel and seek to love them well. A number of our counselees are in need of financial aid. May we trust in the Lord our Provider as we replenish and grow our counseling scholarship fund.
- Pray for Brandon Peterson, Jodie McMullen, and Sarah Gammage who serve in Customer Service. Each week, they connect about 75 people in times of trouble and desperation who are seeking counsel with biblical counselors around the country.
- The School of Biblical Counseling (SBC) team is growing! Praise God for providing an administrative assistant and new recitation instructors (RIs). Pray for each team member and for Laura Andrews and Rebecca Eaton who seek to serve our RIs well.
- Pray for the National Conference team, Joel Bassett, Jodie McMullen, and Jayne Clark, as they enter their busiest season of preparation. Pray that the Lord will provide the focus to manage countless administrative details. Pray for our speakers as they shape their content and prepare for rehearsals of their talks at the end of the month.
- Pray for the impact of Caring for One Another. Pray that church culture would be transformed as members learn to cultivate meaningful relationships with one another. Watch Ed share more about the book and answer questions via this recorded webinar.
Grateful for your care for us,
Director of Development & Advancement