Current Happenings & Prayer Needs – February 2018
Giving Thanks: 50 Years of God’s Faithfulness
January 2018 marked the beginning of a year of giving thanks and celebrating God’s faithfulness to our ministry. It is incredible to consider all that God has done since we first began back in 1968. Through many transitions and challenges over the years, God has surely sustained our mission and ministry.
It’s so easy for a ministry or church that has a long history to stop growing or to drift. We are so grateful to God that he has kept us both faithful to his Word and still bearing fresh fruit.
We remember the many men and women who have served CCEF faithfully. We thank God for each one. We remember the faithfulness of our partners. Your generosity and consistent prayers have expressed what true partnership in the gospel looks like and does. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.
Even as we look back this year, everyone at CCEF is also looking ahead. We are eager to see what the next year (and 50 years!) will bring. Here are a few exciting things on the horizon for 2018.
Our ministry exists to equip Christians in ministry. Every one of our conferences and courses grows out of a burning need for biblical wisdom to hit the ground and help people.
- We will host our 2018 National Conference in Virginia Beach, VA. Our conference title is Living Scripture. For our 50th anniversary we want our conference theme to focus in on the heart of our ministry–the intersection of the living word of God and people’s lives. The conference this year will demonstrate the deep riches and personal relevance of Scripture. I do hope you can join us.
- We will expand our course offerings this year. After much prayer and planning, Darby Strickland’s Counseling Abusive Marriages course will be filmed this summer. This is one of many courses we want to add to our online training program in order to equip Christians all over the world.
The goal of our writing at CCEF is to produce resources that are Christ-centered, practical, and biblically sound. We aim for writing that has lasting relevance. Over the years our faculty have written on important topics, and that tradition continues in 2018.
- David Powlison’s next book, God’s Grace in Your Suffering, will be released in February through Crossway. In this book he anchors our hope in the God who promises to be with us and transform us in the midst of even our darkest trials.
- Ed Welch has a new resource coming out called Caring for One Another. There are 8 lessons in this book intended to be used in small groups. This is scheduled to release with Crossway in the summer.
- Julie Lowe has been working hard the past year on her first book, Childproof: Parenting by Faith not Formula. In her writing, Julie draws on her own parenting and on her years of experience in counseling children and parents. This book will be published with New Growth Press, we hope by the end of 2018.
We need your prayers and your financial support.
- Pray for our faculty as they counsel, write, and teach. Pray each one contributes well and wisely to our mission. We work to see Christ restored to counseling. We work to see churches embrace counseling as a core ministry of what they do. We know we haven’t yet identified all of the riches found in Scripture. We know we haven’t helped people with every possible struggle in the human heart. So as we continue in our ministry, pray God helps us to be faithful and true.
- Please consider how you can support our ministry by becoming a monthly partner. For more information, email us at [email protected].
God bless you,
Director of Development