The Counselor's Guide to the Brain and Its Disorders
This is a downloadable resource.Add to cart
- How can we know when a problem is physical or spiritual?
- What does the brain actually do, and what happens when it is not working well?
- How can we better understand those who have brain injuries?
- When should we refer people to physicians?
- What are chemical imbalances and what should we know about psychoactive medication?
These and many similar questions are addressed by this ebook.*
This counselor's guide ebook* presents clear and accurate information about the body and brain so that two extremes can be avoided: the assumption that human behavior is simply and comprehensively an act of the will unaffected by brain/body/chemical mechanisms and, on the other side, the assumption that human behavior is essentially biological functioning that is exclusively dictated by brain/chemical mechanisms.
This resource is a handbook for Christian counselors of all sorts to explain the functions of the brain and to provide a framework for counseling and pastoral care that is thoroughly biblical and also sensitive to the complexities of physical existence.
*Note: This resource comes in downloadable PDF format.