“How Does Sanctification Work? (Part 1).” When we look closely at what actually changes people—examples both from Scripture and from personal experience—we see how diversely relevant the Word and Spirit are to our human struggles. David Powlison challenges the popular views on sanctification that take one strand in Scripture and present it as the be all and end all of Christian growth. He specifically engages the strengths and weaknesses of the view that asserts, “You are sanctified by remembering that you are justified.
How Does Sanctification Work? (Part 1)
Author: David Powlison Date: March 26, 2013
Purchase This Issue
JBC articles are sold as full issues. This purchase will include the entire original issue in digital PDF format, including the other articles of that issue.
JBC Volume 27:1 PDF
Other Articles Included in This Issue
- Effective Homework in Counseling
- When NOT to Do Marriage Counseling
- Death Be Not Proud
- How Does Sanctification Work? (Part 1)
- Practice Makes Perfect? Exploring the Relationship Between Knowledge, Desire, and Habit
- A Most Welcome Visitor
- Exposing the Lies of Pornography and Counseling the Men Who Believe Them