This article encourages Christ’s people to pursue friendships with those who identify themselves as same-sex attracted (SSA). In the absence of relationship, God’s call to love our neighbor is neglected. Brad Hambrick seeks to remedy this estrangement by helping the reader to understand aspects of the SSA experience. Fruitful relationships will come more naturally as we grow in understanding and empathy.
Getting to Know the Experience of Same-Sex Attraction
Author: Brad Hambrick Date: April 08, 2016
Topics: Journal of Biblical Counseling
Purchase This Issue
JBC articles are sold as full issues. This purchase will include the entire original issue in digital PDF format, including the other articles of that issue.
JBC Volume 30:1 PDF
Other Articles Included in This Issue
- Book Review – Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
- More Than a Proof Text: “You feel ashamed—but Christ is the lifter of your head.”
- More Than a Proof Text: “Jesus invites you to follow him—how will you respond?”
- What’s in a Name? Understanding Psychiatric Diagnoses
- Getting to Know the Experience of Same-Sex Attraction
- The Dreaded S-Word: Submission and the Active Role of Helper
- Who Can Stand Before Jealousy
- Getting Oriented