“Is the Adonis Complex in Your Bible?” Men increasingly focus on their physical appearance. They become distressed when excessive exercise and steroids do not give them the physique they desire. God’s mercy reorients a person whose lusts of the flesh control their lives.
Is the Adonis Complex in Your Bible?
Author: David Powlison Date: January 01, 2004
Purchase This Issue
JBC articles are sold as full issues. This purchase will include the entire original issue in digital PDF format, including the other articles of that issue.
JBC Volume 22:2 PDF
Other Articles Included in This Issue
- Obsessions and Compulsions: Breaking Free of the Tyranny
- Slow Awakening
- Treasuring Christ Together
- God at Work in a Special Needs Family
- The Self-Irrigating Christian
- Identity and Story: A Counseling Transcript
- Is the Adonis Complex in Your Bible?
- Self-Injury: When Pain Feels Good
- Culture: Hate It? Love It?…Redeem It!