Building and Maintaining Christ-Centered Counseling Ministries in the Church and Community
Join us in this special session for counseling ministry leaders and staff. This session will feature a time of training, development, and networking for individuals and staff seeking to launch and lead counseling ministries both in their local church and in their community. CCEF’s director of counseling, Cecelia Bernhardt will be joined by Jonathan Holmes, executive director of Fieldstone Counseling for this three hour pre-conference session designed to equip and connect people committed to counseling in and alongside the local church.
Counseling Methodology in Biblical Counseling: Pursuing Excellence and Effectiveness
Pursuing excellence in counseling ministry entails thinking intentionally about what we do in the counseling room. This session will consider both the biblical framing of a counseling methodology as well as offer an introduction to some of the more important methodological components of effective counseling ministry.
Domestic Abuse: Setting Ministry Priorities
What is oppression? Why do people do it? How can we know when it is happening? Sadly, domestic abuse often goes unseen. To both see it and minister effectively, we must have a biblical understanding of oppression, and the damage oppressors inflict. In this pre-conference, we will learn how to unearth oppressive patterns in relationships so that you can engage victims in a loving and safe way. We will explore how to walk alongside both the oppressor and the oppressed, paying particular attention to how the local church can wisely respond and engage when they encounter abuse.
Introduction to Biblical Counseling
Biblical counseling rests on the conviction that Scripture speaks to all people, at all times, in all difficulties. God's Word to us is infinitely deep and offers powerful help to even the most severe and complex situations humans experience. So how do we access this deep wisdom in our own life, and in our relationships with others? And how does the Bible orient us to the field of counseling? How can we bring a unified approach to our Christian discipleship and our care for the counseling-related issues many face in our churches? In this pre-conference session, we'll orient ourselves to biblical frameworks of personal change, and discern how we can step into the lives of others with redemptive words that flow from a wise and compassionate use of Scripture.
Thursday October 1st
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 5:00pm
CCEF 2020 Pre-Conference
The Pre-Conference will be held immediately before the 2020 National Conference on Thursday, October 1, 2020. Sessions will be held from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Full-day tickets (2 sessions) and half-day tickets (1 session) are available.
Morning Session options:
- Introduction to Biblical Counseling (Alasdair Groves)
- Domestic Abuse: Setting Ministry Priorities (Darby Strickland)
Afternoon Session options:
- Counseling Methodology in Biblical Counseling: Pursuing Excellence and Effectiveness (Todd Stryd)
- Building and Maintaining Christ-Centered Counseling Ministries in the Church and Community (Cecelia Bernhardt & Jonathan Holmes)
- Deadlines – Registration prices are available through 11:59pm PST of the deadline date.
- Refunds – To request a refund, please contact customer service at [email protected] Refunds are only available through Tuesday, September 15th, 2020.
- National Conference registration is not included in Pre-Conference registration. Please register separately for the National Conference (www.ccef.org/2020).
- The Pre-Conference is now fully online.
- Recordings will not be available for purchase or download after the conference.
CCEF is committed to delivering the 2020 Pre-Conference in its entirety. Due to State orders that prevent us from meeting in person, we will be shifting to a Zoom webinar experience that gives attendees access to all pre-conference sessions as they are broadcast live.
*Pre-Conference sessions will only be broadcast live. No recordings will be available for download or purchase after the event.