– Ed Welch
Anxiety and the God of Peace
Birmingham, AL | October 11-13, 2019
We're all prone to anxiety. It's easy to understand why. We live in a world that is unstable and unpredictable. We care deeply about so much—our loved ones, our health, our careers—and yet we realize our inability to control any of it. An undercurrent of tension can ripple below the surface. Panic threatens to explode above the surface. Truly, anxiety can manifest itself in numerous ways, so how can we more deeply know the God of peace? He is a God who is near, so how can his voice become louder than our anxieties? How do his many promises settle into our hearts and lead us into trust and hope?
Cameron is the director of children, youth, and family at Cathedral Church of the Advent in Birmingham, Alabama, and chairman of Rooted, a ministry dedicated to fostering gospel-centered student ministry.
Andrew is a former doctor and pastor who is now Director of Pastoral Care at Oak Hill Theological College, London. He is on the executive committee of Biblical Counselling UK (BCUK), and is co-author of Real Change.
Breakout topics include:
Helping Anxious Children
Anxiety in Decision Making
Trusting after Trauma
Anxiety about Judgment in Scripture
Fear of Missing Out
Insecurity and Codependency
Teens and Anxiety
The Anxiety in Loving a Prodigal
The Fear of Death
The Littlest Victims: Children in Abusive Homes
Anxiety and a Loved One's Sexuality Struggle
Preparing First Responders for the Worst
Using Scripture with an Anxious Person
Worship with Brook Hills & special concert with:
Sandra is a prolific contributor as a singer, modern-day hymn writer and record producer bringing grace and clarity to her soulful, folk-gospel sound. She is also a founding member of Indelible Grace and Rain For Roots.
- Where: Birmingham, AL, at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel
- Lodging: Though our initial room block at the Sheraton Birmingham is full, we have contracted two additional small room blocks at the Courtyard Birmingham Downtown at UAB and the Hilton Birmingham at UAB
*Please note: both the Courtyard Birmingham Downtown and the Hilton Birmingham are a short drive from our conference location at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.
- Flying: The Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is located within 5 miles of the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.
- Important times:
- Conference begins at 9:00am on Friday, Oct 11th
- Conference ends at 11:30am on Sunday, Oct 13th
- Pre-conference sessions begin at 9:30am on Thursday October 10th