Anxiety and the God of Peace
2019 National Conference Download
We're all prone to anxiety. It's easy to understand why. We live in a world that is unstable and unpredictable. We care deeply about so much—our loved ones, our health, our careers—and yet we realize our inability to control any of it. An undercurrent of tension can ripple below the surface. Panic threatens to explode above the surface. Truly, anxiety can manifest itself in numerous ways, so how can we more deeply know the God of peace? He is a God who is near, so how can his voice become louder than our anxieties? How do his many promises settle into our hearts and lead us into trust and hope?
7 general sessions and 20 breakout sessions
Cameron is the director of children, youth, and family at Cathedral Church of the Advent in Birmingham, Alabama, and chairman of Rooted, a ministry dedicated to fostering gospel-centered student ministry.
Andrew is a former doctor and pastor who is now Director of Pastoral Care at Oak Hill Theological College, London. He is on the executive committee of Biblical Counselling UK (BCUK), and is co-author of Real Change.
Breakout topics include:
Helping Anxious Children
Anxiety in Decision Making
Trusting after Trauma
Anxiety about Judgment in Scripture
Fear of Missing Out
Insecurity and Codependency
Teens and Anxiety
The Anxiety in Loving a Prodigal
The Fear of Death
The Littlest Victims: Children in Abusive Homes
Anxiety and a Loved One's Sexuality Struggle
Preparing First Responders for the Worst
Using Scripture with an Anxious Person
Worship with Brook Hills & special concert with:
Sandra is a prolific contributor as a singer, modern-day hymn writer and record producer bringing grace and clarity to her soulful, folk-gospel sound. She is also a founding member of Indelible Grace and Rain For Roots.
– Ed Welch
- Where: Birmingham, AL, at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. All conference programming will be held in the East Exhibit Hall of the BJCC (connected to Sheraton).
- Lodging: Our room block is now officially closed.
- Flying: The Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is located within 5 miles of the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.
- Shuttle: A complimentary scheduled airport shuttle service is available to all guests of the Sheraton on a continuous basis. Schedule now by calling: +1 (205) 324-5000.
- Parking: Self parking is available to all Sheraton & Westin guests for a reduced rate of $6 per day with inn & out privileges. Regular parking rate is $10 per day with no in & out privileges.
- Local Restaurants: All restaurants within walking distance of the Sheraton can be found here.
- Wifi: Complimentary wifi is available at the convention center.
- Important times:
- Conference begins at 9:00am on Friday, Oct 11th
- Conference ends at 11:30am on Sunday, Oct 13th
- Pre-conference sessions begin at 9:00am on Thursday October 10th
- Online registration has ended. You may still register in person at the convention center.