Pre-Conference is a separate ticketed event held on the Thursday prior to the National Conference. Registration for Pre-Conference does not include registration for the National Conference. Register below for the Pre-Conference event. Register separately for the National Conference here.
Thursday, October 18th
- 8:00 am: Pre-Conference Registration
- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm: Pre-Conference Options, Part 1
- Creative Ways to Engage Youth with Julie Lowe or
- Growing in the Fundamentals of Marriage Counseling with Aaron Sironi
- 12:30 pm: Complimentary Boxed Lunch
- 2:00 to 5:00 pm: Pre-Conference, Part 2
- Disarming Anger with Ed Welch
Sessions & Speakers
Morning Session Options
Creative Ways to Engage Youth
Engaging with youth can be particularly daunting. This pre-conference session is interactive and practical in nature. It will provide specific tools to grow in wise and creative engagement with youth in a counseling session and beyond. The content will be applicable to counselors, parents, and anyone discipling young people.
Growing in the Fundamentals of Marriage Counseling
Marriage counseling is challenging and unique. If we’re honest, we often feel unqualified and ill-equipped to do it well. But marriage counseling is an essential ministry. This pre-conference session will discuss some of the fundamental understandings and stages of marriage counseling when working with a couple.
Since anger is so common and so deadly, it certainly deserves our consistent biblical reflection. To that end, this pre-conference session will look at the key biblical material and then focus especially on two questions: What should everyone in our church know about anger? How do you disarm an angry person?
The Pre-Conference will be held immediately before our 2018 Living Scripture Conference on Thursday, October 18, 2018. Sessions will be held from 9:30am – 5:00pm. A boxed lunch is included with registration.
To register for the Pre-Conference event, please follow these instructions:
- Click the register button below.
- Click the green TICKETS button.
- First, select “Pre-Conference Attendee” and increase the number according to the desired number of registrants.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- Fill out some brief questions, including selecting the 1st session option of your choice: Creative Ways to Engage Youth OR Growing in the Fundamentals of Marriage Counseling. All pre-conference attendees are invited to attend Ed Welch’s afternoon session, Disarming Anger.