How God sees family is important to us as Christians and to CCEF as a ministry. My hope is that this year’s conference will equip each of us to live better, to love better, to trust God more truly. I hope that each of us will move toward life’s difficulties more constructively. I hope that we will all grow in joy. Please join me in praying for our time together.
Our Conference Team has put together a list of important details below to help prepare you for next week. Please read them carefully, and send any questions you may have to [email protected]
See you soon,
David Powlison, Executive Director
National Conference Details
- Airport Locations—The Dallas Fort Worth Airport and the Dallas Love Field Airport are both located within 22 miles of the Convention Center where the conference is being held.
- Transportation Options From the Airport
- Shuttle – Super Shuttle will provide shuttle service for $28 per person each way to or from either airport. Book reservations here.
- Private Car – Uber and Lyft are both available in Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Location—Our conference will be held at the Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco Convention Center, 7600 John Q. Hammons Drive Frisco, TX 75034.
- Parking—Convention Center parking is located in the Embassy Suites parking garage. Self-parking is complimentary for all conference guests including those staying at other hotels.
- Pre-conference registration opens Thursday, October 12, at 8:00 am in the main lobby of the Convention Center.
- Conference registration will be open in the main lobby on Thursday evening from 5:00-6:30 pm, and again at 7:30 am on Friday. In order to avoid long lines, please plan to pick up your registration materials on Thursday if your schedule allows. Materials will be arranged alphabetically by last name.
- Schedule—Click here to view or print the conference schedule. It is also available via the conference app (see below) and will be listed in the printed conference program you will receive upon arrival.
- There is no need to pre-select breakout sessions. Seating is first come, first served. There may be limited seating in some breakout rooms, but please know that there will always be ample seating available in the breakout session held in the ballroom, where the general sessions will be held.
- Outlines—Outlines will be posted online on Tuesday, October 10. Visit www.ccef.org/outlines to view or print a copy of available outlines (some sessions do not offer outlines). Available outlines will be posted next to the appropriate session description. Please note that we will not have printed copies onsite, so please print in advance if you’d like to have them with you.
- Special events
- Young Adult Coffeehouse
Friday, 9-10:30 pm, Bush-Erudia
Conference attendees age 30 and under are invited to join Mike Emlet with Alasdair Groves to discuss Christian dating, singleness, and marriage. No RSVP required.
- Professional Counselors’ Breakfast
Saturday, 7:30-8:30 am, Offsite, La Madeleine (10 min walk)
Professional or licensed counselors, social workers, or therapists are invited to join Cecelia Bernhardt, Aaron Sironi, and Todd Stryd as they share distinct practical ways they interact with the best of secular psychology. Space is limited. Sign-up at the CCEF booth in the main lobby to attend.
- School of Biblical Counseling 101
Saturday, 11:45 am-1 pm, Ranger-Sea Biscuit-Traveller
Find out more about the School of Biblical Counseling through discussion and interaction with current students, recitation instructors, and CCEF faculty. No RSVP required.
- SBC Student & Alumni Gathering
Saturday, 5-6:30 pm, Ranger-Sea Biscuit-Traveller
Current SBC students, alumni, and recitation instructors are invited to an evening hor d’oeuvres gathering on Saturday. Space is limited, and RSVP is required. RSVP here.
- Meet CCEF
Saturday, 5-6 pm, Bass-Bush-Erudia
Join executive director David Powlison, counseling director Cecelia Bernhardt, and board member Rod Mays to learn about our ministry. There will be time for Q&A, so come with questions you may have about biblical counseling, what makes CCEF distinct, and how you can get involved. Appetizers and refreshments will be served. No RSVP required.
- Young Adult Coffeehouse
- Networking—Would you like to meet people who counsel near your location or in the same type of setting? If so, click to fill out the Network Opt-In Form to share your information and receive a compiled contact list before you arrive in Frisco.
- Meals—Thursday’s pre-conference seminars include a free boxed lunch. Complimentary breakfast is provided at the following conference hotels: Embassy Suites, Home2 Suites, Homewood Suites. A number of local food trucks will be available in the parking lot off the main lobby on Friday and Saturday over the lunch break. For other meals, there are a variety of local restaurant options listed here.
- Coffee—Coffee and tea will be served on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning from 8-9 am. Concession stands with beverages and light snacks will be open throughout the weekend.
- CCEF booth—We invite you to stop by the CCEF booth in the main lobby to meet CCEF staff and counselors, learn about our mission and ministry, and discover more about our training and resources.
- Ministry expo & bookstore—Nearly 20 ministries and schools will be present at the conference. Westminster Books will host the CCEF bookstore. Please plan to visit the ministry expo and bookstore throughout the weekend for many helpful resources.
- Conference app—Download the free CCEF conference app to help you navigate the weekend (schedules, speakers, locations, etc.). You can download the free app by visiting the Apple or Google app stores and searching “CCEF Conference.”
- Dress code—Dress comfortably and casually for all conference events and activities.
- Weather—The forecast in Frisco calls for mild temperatures in the mid-80s. The Convention Center may be cool, so make sure to pack whatever will help you be comfortable.
We are praying for our time together to be rich in fellowship and learning. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The CCEF Conference Team