Volume 18, Number 1
The complete digital issue of JBC Volume 18, Number 1.
From the Editor’s Desk
X-ray Questions: Drawing Out the Whys and Wherefores of Human Behavior . . . 2
Counseling Children - Earl L. Cook, with preface by Paul Tripp . . . 10
Counseling Ministry Within Wider Ministry Interview with John Babler and David Powlison . . .17
A Biblical Critique of the DSM-IV - John Babler . . . 25
Taking Up the Challenge - Alfred J. Poirier . . . 30
Let Me Draw a Picture
The Daily Christian Life - Dana L. Stoddard . . . 38
The Other Cup - Ray Dillard . . . 45
Marriage Conflicts: A Short-term Structured Model by Everett L. Worthington, Jr., and Douglas McMurry - Sharon B. Covington . . . 50
A Review of Books from Plough Publications - David C. Howard . . . 52
Annotated Bibliography for Biblical Counseling: 1999 Additions Compiled by David Powlison . . .54
Queries & Controversies
“In Marriage, is Jealousy Always Wrong?” - John F. Bettler . . . 62
- Special guest Kevin DeYoung on how the ministry of counseling is important to his church
- The Great Commission is a Great Place to Begin to Understand Biblical Counseling
- Facing Death with Hope: Living for What Lasts
- What is the difference between guilt and shame?
- Are you using that proof text well... or are you proof-texting?