What are the secrets to hosting a successful event?
Hosting a speaking event is a rewarding experience. It is also a lot of work! As you think about hosting a seminar, here are a few of the most pertinent details for you to consider.
- Before you request a seminar speaker and date, we encourage you to plan at least 9-12 months before the actual seminar. Doing this will allow us to process your request (usually 4 weeks from the date of the request) as well as enable you to plan and promote the seminar well.
- After a request has been received and a date selected, CCEF will send a contract for the host to sign. At this point, a non-refundable deposit is also required in order to secure the speaker and seminar date.
- As soon as a seminar is secured, we encourage the host to establish a seminar committee to assure that all areas of the seminar are handled with excellence (promotion, registration, book table, refreshments, facility setup, etc.). A well run seminar is guaranteed if this committee is formed early with clear guidelines and responsibilities.
- The host will arrange for a facility where the seminar may be held. (The host is responsible for any rental fee for the facility, if required.) The facility must be equipped with a high quality sound system, PowerPoint capabilities, refreshments, etc.
- The host will promote the event within their own ministry as well as in the community. CCEF will provide access to promotional templates for your use. Seminars are an excellent way for you to partner with other churches and ministries in your area.
- The host will secure a hotel for the speaker.
- The host is responsible to pay the seminar rate as well as travel expenses for the speaker (CCEF will make all travel arrangements).
May I request a particular speaker?
Yes, the online Speaker Request form does have a place to request a particular speaker. However, due to our speaker’s extensive writing, teaching, counseling, and speaking schedules, your preferred speaker may not be available. We will always work with you to determine which CCEF speaker is the best available choice to meet your particular goals for the conference or event.
How do I get started in the request process?
Getting started is easy! Simply see Request A Speaker to start the reservation process. A CCEF representative will respond to your request quickly.